The Aquatic Update Has Arrived!!!
We are now running Minecraft version 1.13 and with it, a new water world to play on!
This is where you will start off on your first steps into this Aquatic world! Stay to say hello and have a chat, or take off from the dock using one of the supplied boats.
Just follow the signs!
Here are some things you may find on our little island. Help yourself to some wheat for nourishment. And there’s a crafting table inside the storehouse you can use. Make yourself at home and use our beds upstairs to skip the night and drive away the new phantom flying mob!
Everyone who resides on our island are well aware of the creature that now lurks in the skies above. You wont expect them until the last second! Beware when working for long periods outdoors overnight. Sleeping in a bed occasionally will draw Phantoms away, as they are attracted to insomnia. Which builds on your character the longer you go without rest.
They’re my personal favorite!
To visit the Aquatic world, select version 1.13 in your Minecraft launcher, then enquire on our discord about being whitelisted.
More server information.
We now have an Aquatic 1.13 Pre7 map running on our server! Select the 1.13 pre7 version in your launcher, and connect to our server with play.mctaw.net to try the new features with us!
In preparation for the upcoming Minecraft 1.13, The Ancient World has
returned under 1.12.2 with a Whitelist.
To be Whitelisted please leave your Minecraft username in
the General Discussion on our Discord.
This update covers a lot of different things. So, without further ado, Let’s begin!
The Prison Soul Shrine has received a major expansion. This includes new lower level dungeons with mobs for resource grinding. In particular; Gold & Iron. Make it past the Prison Guards alive to reach either of the Wardens. The Wardens have a relatively short respawn cooldown, so feel free to spend some time here grinding for resources.
Killing either Warden will reward you with Gold or Iron, depending on if it’s the Iron Warden or Gold Warden that you killed. The most common drop is nuggets, followed by raw ore, followed by ingots. The Wardens have a fair amount of health – But they are immobile. Meaning they cannot move to hit you. So swing away!
Image Gallery for the Prison Expansion
The first time a player spawns on Exile has seen an update! No longer will new players need to swim up out of the Sinking Vessel. Now the shipwreck is lodged in the ice near the Necropolis Soul Shrine.
AUTO REFILL LOOT CHESTS
We now have a method of making chests auto refill themselves after being looted. This currently only affects the loot chests surrounding the shipwreck to reward new players who are resourceful or curious enough to look inside the chests. This mechanic may extend to other areas such as mobzones in a future update.
SOUL SHRINE VENDORS & DOCTORS
All Soul Shrines on Durn now have basic vendors & also doctors. Each Soul Shrine has 2 admin shop chests selling some useful things. The items are different at each Soul Shrine.
Doctor Kiosks have been added to all Soul Shrines on Durn. The doctor can treat you for any Illness or disease for a reasonable price. (500 Quartz). Right click the Doctor sign to be treated.
The Lightkeepers are our peaceful faction on Durn that cannot be harmed by other players. They currently have a shop just outside their walls you can buy from. They have a good variety, but their prices are steep due to the rarity of resources on Durn. If you really need something, maybe they have it.
The world map has been updated to reflect all the changes. Such as the new shipwreck location, and the location of the new resource grinder at the Prison.
- Elder Guardian has had his health and damage decreased.
- The /help panel now mentions the Lockette 3 day expiry.
- Exploding Bats have been removed from Durn.
The Necropolis mob-zone has seen some major changes.
- Almost doubled in size (compared to it’s original size)
- New structures, ruins, and dungeons to explore.
- More mob variety in Necropolis.
- New mob type Burning Zombie. New drops useful for brewing.
- Dr Mobius’ Lab & the brewing stands have been moved to Necropolis.
- Lord Varson has been removed due to bugged spawning.
- Blaze Powder drop chance on blazes has been increased from 10% to 30%
- Dr Mobius now drops more glass bottles on death.
Be cautious if you decide to go exploring Necropolis. Very dangerous mobs here in some areas, and the hordes of zombies can overwhelm. If it’s the brewing lab you are interested in, please refer to Mobzone Update 1 for more information on how that works. Necropolis & the mobs there should provide all the items necessary for brewing in their drop tables.
Necropolis Overhaul Screenshots;
Enchanting Spire Added!
A low level Enchanting Table is now available for use at the Enchanting Spire. Visit the world map to find the location, as it is now marked.
- All brewing stands (besides Dr Mobius) have been removed from the map. This is to increase the importance of the new method of brewing potions. We have also done the same for Enchant tables.
- Lightkeepers was made a Peaceful faction. They may offer chest shops to wandering players.
- mcMMO actions have been moved from the action bar to the regular chat bar.
- Mob health is now displayed in the action bar.
- World Map Update!
Watch the above Youtube video to see the first piece of news.
The Alchemy mobzone will become available tonight on the server. If you are online around 5pm, you will see the announcement in-game.
Once the announcement is made, players may take it upon themselves to clear out the laboratory so that they can get 30 minutes access to the brewing stand (before the boss & other mobs respawn.) This weekend I will be announcing an Enchanting mobzone.
- Mobzones have been repopulated with monsters such as Zombies & Skeletons. Over a dozen new mob spawners with cool downs have been added around the continent. (not all are Zombs and Skeles *wink*)
- Mobzone chests have not been refilled with loot. Monster drops have been adjusted slightly
- The Scorched Remains monsters no longer drop Sulphur. Blaze’s now drop Sulphur.
That is all for today. Good luck, and take care!
Some big changes;
- The Great Purge. All things related to diamonds have been purged from Durn. This includes all leftover diamond ores in the ground and all diamond related items in chests, furnaces, dispensers, dropped items, item-containing tiles, and player inventories. Enchant tables have also been removed since they can only be crafted using diamond – hence we don’t want anyone to have distinct advantage over others. A method of acquiring enchant tables (without using diamonds) may be added in the future.
- All quartz blocks have also been purged from chests for the reason stated below.
- We have gone over the loot tables and checked to make sure none of the mobs are giving out excessive amounts of money. It was originally intended for mobs to drop very small amounts of Quartz, which would increase in increments depending on the difficulty of the mob. We had mistakenly missed a few mobs which dropped too many quartz.
- Voting no longer rewards quartz and instead will only reward vote points. Players should not have thousands of quartz just from voting.
- All players now have access to a /setlore command. Use it to write your own custom lore on items with multiple lines of text. Use the command like this;
/setlore <line> <lore>
- You will no longer need to buy leather from Soul Shrine vendors. Now when you respawn you will be given a full set of leather, a sword, and some food.
- Torches no longer go out. The plugin has been removed due to bugs.
Thank you everyone for your constructive comments and feedback. And as always, please report any bugs or exploits you find so they can be patched asap.